Voice Recognition

Student Meal Account Questions

Student Meal Account Questions

How can I make deposits to my student’s account?
You may pay by check or cash. Please check with your student’s school for the best way to send money. You may also pay on your student’s account by making a payment to www.k12paymentcenter.com (previously known as LunchPrepay.com). This is a secure, online site for payments made on student accounts with Visa or MasterCard and payments can be made anytime of the day. This fast and friendly service also allows you to view your student’s meal transactions without cost or having to make a deposit. If you are unsure about your student's account balance, please contact the school cafeteria manager.

** We do not accept starter checks OR 3rd party checks **

What happens to my students’s money at the end of the school year?
If your student has money left on his/her account at the end of the year, the money will be available on the first day of school the following year. Account balances follow the student from year to year.

What happens if my student forgets his/her lunch money?
The School Nutrition Program understands that situations may occur when a student forgets their lunch money and we will allow a student to charge a meal. A meal charge is defined as a short-term loan for a student to eat because the student forgot their lunch money or has lost it. The School Nutrition Program does not allow charges for snack or a la carte items.

Are students able to purchase extra items?
Students are able to purchase extra items by using cash or monies on their meal account. Students who have a negative account balance will not be allowed to purchase extra items.

Can parents limit their student's a la carte purchases?
Yes. Parents can limit access to a la carte purchases by filling out the form below and returning it to the cafeteria and it will be noted on their account. Parents may also request to the nutrition managers for a detailed report of any items purchased in the cafeteria. 

Agreement To Allow / Not Allow The Purchase Of Extras

How are checks returned with insufficient funds handled?
In the event any check made to the school cafeteria for a student’s meal costs is returned for insufficient funds, the student’s meal account may be charged a fee of $25.00 to cover administrative costs and insufficient funds charges.  Thereafter, the school cafeteria will not accept checks for any student account that has been charged for insufficient funds. It is also our policy to not accept out of town checks or counter checks (checks without name, address or check number printed on the check). The check will be returned to the parent along with a letter stating why we did not accept the check.

What if my student has money in their account and we move out of district or they graduated?
If the student has less than $10.00 in their account, the parent/guardian requesting the refund must present the completed form in person to the school cafeteria during normal working hours of 8:00 am - 1:00 pm.

If the student has more than $10.00 in their account,  the parent/guardian requesting the refund must complete the form and submit the form to the school cafeteria.  A check will be written and mailed to the mailing address provided by the parent.  Please allow ten (10) working days for request to be processed.

On occasion a parent may request money to be transferred from one sibling account to another due to graduation, student withdrawals, etc.  Please complete the "Parent Request for Refund or Transfer" form listed below and submit to the school cafeteria.  Please allow five (5) working days for request to be processed.

Transfer-Refund Request Form